Monday 26 May 2014

WAMM Spam

Greetings All!

As I mentioned yesterday, I've filed my nails and they're quite a bit shorter than they were. I don't like to mess around too much with the continuity of my nail length (it happens all by itself anyway, it doesn't need me interfering!) so I'm trying to pack as many manicures into this week as I can, then next week...short nails!

In that spirit I have not one, but four work appropriate manicures for you this Monday. One that I love, that I'm starting with, and three others that maybe wouldn't have made it onto the blog by themselves. because I wasn't completely happy with them. They've had a lucky reprieve!


First up, my favourite of the bunch. So much so, this stayed on for three days, which in my world might as well mean forever!





I love these simple, pretty feathers on MoYou London Pro XL05 (these and the cobweb design made it a must have!). I used a combination of the full image on my thumb and middle finger, and then individual feathers on my other fingers, to mix up te design a bit. I was really happy with how it turned out! The polishes are OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons (just for a change) and Konad White.


And now, as promised, something of a blooper reel! well, not really. I take pictures of about two thirds of my manicures. Probably half of those end up on the blog. There are many reasons I don't post them - poor lighting, poor pictures, lack of holographic effect etc. Sometimes I just don't really have much to say about them! These three aren't 'bad' manicures, just kind of...meh.


Here we have OPI Skinny Dip'n In Lake Michg'n, and the black label version no less! This was a bargain from eBay. It has a silver sparkle that's very visible in the bottle, and I decided to build on that by adding a coat of Jess Alfresco, an iridescent glitter that's like a chunkier, less refined version of Butter London Frilly Knickers. I should have just used FK.



This is another one of my experiments with nude and brown stamping. I didn't really like the image itself (MoYou London Pro XL11), it looks like I've warped or distorted it when stamping. I haven't! That's what it's supposed to look like. I did like the colour combination though. I can't remember what the brown is - I can vividly remember testing about half a dozen browns to get the perfect shade, but not which one I chose! The nude is Barry M Lychee - that's an easy one!


Finally, OPI Don't P My B (as I call it!) topped with OPI The Man With The Golden Gun. I keep veering between loving this one, and feeling like it's an ugly, yellowed waste of gold flakes! They do look best over the darker colours.

Next week, I don't know what I'll be bringing you. I guess I'd better paint my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.