Friday 14 February 2014

The UK Indie Valentine's Polish Swatch Extravaganza!

Greetings All!

Happy Valentine's Day! I've decided to cram all the Valentine themed polish I bought into one large picture heavy post. There was plenty of variety this year on the UK indie scene, and as a fan of red and pink polish I was a little spoiled for choice! I decided to limit myself on the heart theme though, as I have plenty of heart shaped glitter, and as shapes go it isn't my favourite. I'm a star and moon girl!



I've got seven polishes to show you, so let's jump straight in with Indy's Indies. Danielle is closing up shop at the end of the month, so now would be a good time to grab any of her lovely polishes, before they disappear! I chose Broken Hearted, this is 2 coats over OPI Funky Dunkey.





Mmm, shards. I'll always remember Indy's Indies for shards (Crushes Candy Cane being a particular favourite), and I love the mix of pink, red and black. I also tried it matte.



Lovely stuff!


Next up are two polishes from R&R Lacquers, one of the newer brands launched just this month. After I tried some of the polishes from The New Black Collection, I had to have a couple more, and their Valentine's polishes were so pretty I couldn't resist!

Love Is Not Love, 3 coats solo.





This delicate blackcurrant jelly was very difficult to photograph, but so, so beautiful. I know jellies aren't everyone's favourite, but I love them, and this one is perfect!

Love Alters Not, 2 coats solo.





This is such a soft, dreamy polish. I love the muted, grey-lilac base with the soft coloured glitter, and the little specks of bright pink. It isn't the sort of polish I would think I would like, but I'm constantly surprising myself when it comes to polish!

Finally we move onto Tara'sTalons, who, as usual, had a wide, varied range of amazing polishes.

B Mine, 3 coats over Essie Waltz.





This sugary, Barbie pink crelly is an instant favourite! It is rather girly, but I don't care. I love it!

Silk, 2 coats over Sally Hansen Casting Call.





This polish has a very sheer, peachy pink base, so I've layered it over a similar colour. I do think that it would look better over a darker colour, but this definitely shows off the obscene sparkle! Staring at the glitter actually made my eyes hurt a bit with this one!


Extreme glitter!!

Just Another Friday Night, 2 coats over black.





Matte circles, cute colour combination...winner!

Finally, Get Back In Your Friendzone, 2 coats over Barry M  Red Black.





This is just...fire in a bottle! I don't know how else to describe it. Fantastic combination of colours and shapes.

You can buy Indy's Indies polishes here (until the end of the month!).

You can buy R&R Lacquers here.

You can buy TarasTalons polishes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.