Thursday 6 February 2014

Studded Roses

Greetings All!

I mentioned in my recent nail art haul post that I had already used some studs in a manicure, one I was rather pleased with! I also probably gave the game away by describing them as 'rosy'. I mean, what else am I going to do with that?! I do have a bit of an obsession.

So, predictably, here is yet another rose manicure!





I love these. I'm not super-duper happy with the leaves, but apart form that this looks exactly like it did in my head. My ultimate 'nail success' is when I can make my nails look like the image in my head. I don't know if this happens to everyone, but I nearly always have a very specific image of what I want a manicure to be. Most of the time, they don't turn out quite right. But these did!

I used Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Terracotta as a gorgeous tan base. The roses are an unnamed Sally Hansen Insta Dri (well, the name fell off, and I can't remember it!) and Boots No7 Rose Truffle for the detail. The slightly iffy leaves are SH Insta Dri in Jade Jump, with Essie Pretty Edgy for the detail. The pink studs are from eBay. They were advertised as red, but I can't really be annoyed at that because I still managed to use them almost straight away!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome mani. Yh I totally get what your saying! I too have an idea what it should look like, but when its on my nails its not the same image lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the color palate here. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great nails! And I too have an image in my head when doing my nails and 9 times out of 10 they don't turn out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! it's absolutely stunning. Love the flowers, the color, everything! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.