Thursday 31 October 2013

UK Indies - Nail Lacquer UK Halloween Polishes

Greetings All!

I can't believe October is very nearly over! I've been waiting all year to do Halloween nails, and I feel like I didn't even do that many! I'm a little disappointed, especially after seeing everyone else's lovely nails.

What I did manage to do is amass a fairly impressive collection of Halloween polishes! Enough to keep my nails spooky all year round. Here are some from Nail Lacquer UK.









I Heart Pumpkins, 3 coats. This is a glorious, syrupy-looking jelly, and I think it really looks like all the icky, gloopy mess you get inside a pumpkin! The black and red hearts are a cute touch. I did get a couple of nasty stains from this one, but now that I know, I'll just (try to!) remember to double up on basecoat! It's about worth it for the lovely, sticky sweet effect you get.





Sherlock Bones, 2 coats over white. This is a super simple white crelly with girly pink skulls, but I really like it's simplicity! It's clean and soft and pretty, and there is no reason I can't wear this all year round!





Skull Shake, 2 coats solo. Apologies for the corpse hands - I've had this camera for about four years, and I just figured out it has settings! So maybe I can photograph holos and glow in the dark polishes after all...although I may be getting ahead of myself.

This is basically Sherlock Bones with some coloured glitter thrown in! For days when I'm not feeling quite so simple. Again, it's unusually pretty for a polish with skulls in. There are plenty of skulls in too - minimum fishing for all of these.

You can buy Nail Lacquer UK polishes here. The come with a little charm on the bottle, which is a lovely touch, but tricky to to photograph!


6 comments:

  1. Looking amazing, sorry about the stains tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not too bothered about staining (my nails are always stained anyway!), and I'll just remember to wear undies or a thick basecoat - hopefully that will avoid it!

      Delete
  2. Cute polishes. The ones with the skull and cross bones look like moose heads when they are upside down. I am so sorry about the staining. Double basecoat never works for me. The only thing that ever helps staining for me is buffing and whitening treatments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha moose heads cute! My nails are always a little stained - I give them a buff now and then, but mostly I just leave them!

      Delete
  3. I loooove Sherlock Bones, the pink skulls in the white base looks beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pretty. I never thought I would be describing skulls as pretty. Awesome yes, but pretty is weird!

      Delete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.