Wednesday 22 May 2013

Fleur De Lys Stamping

Greetings All!

Just a quick post today - I had zero sleep last night, so I spent the afternoon/evening napping! Is there anything better than sleeping? Yes. But it's still brilliant.

When I got my DRK-B stamping plate, I saw a design and I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it. The design is a fleur-de-lys pattern, and I wanted to stamp it in gold, over blue, for a sort of French, regal effect. This was back when I thought Revlon Royal was just misplaced, and not up-and-left-me lost. And my blue collection was (and is) fairly limited.

Recently I got my sticky mitts on Barry M Gelly in Blackberry (which is ridiculous, because it's blue) and although it isn't quite the shade of blue I wanted for this, it'll do for now! It's a lovely dark blue, slightly petrol-y and kind of dull (but in a good way!). I needed 2 coats, but only just.






I messed up my index finger a little - my fault, not the stamp's! My finger decided to spasm weirdly when I tried to stamp it. I stamped with Barry M Gold Foil, which is all I seem to stamp with these days. I would make an effort to not use it, but I can't because I love it! I'm about a third of the way through the bottle, and I've only used it as a base for one manicure - the rest is all stamping!



11 comments:

  1. Simple but elegant! I like the smokiness of the blue under the gold. And those damn finger spasms...what the hell? The only time my fingers spasm are when I am trying to stamp. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Often simple is best.

      My fingers only seem to spasm when I'm stamping, or typing! lol

      Delete
  2. Hmm I have Blackberry and it is purple, I'm pretty sure I have this blue one too but mine is called Blue Plum?

    Anyhow, I really like the stamping the gold really works well with the blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, you made me check, all paranoid I got it wrong lol. It is called Blackberry though - a quick Google and they appear to be the same shade, just different names. How bizarre!

      Delete
    2. I wasn't doubting you :P I think somewhere along the line there has been a naming cock up because mine say one thing and the ones that nailasaurus reviewed were different. Its as though the names were reversed :/

      Delete
    3. Blue Plum makes more sense, as it is blue!

      Delete
  3. Where do I purchase the plate with Fleur de lis design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought mine from Ninja Polish http://www.ninjapolish.com/DRK-B.html I'm not aware of anywhere else that sells it! Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Where do I purchase the plate with Fleur de lis design?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.