Sunday 17 March 2013

Sun-Tried-Day: W7 Planets

Greetings All!

I do have a St Patrick's Day themed manicure to show you, but that will be coming up later. For now, some W7 swatches as I try to make my way through my untrieds!

These three are from the Planets Collection, which is full of moody, duochromatic colours, and are quite fitting for that otherwordly, outer space theme. I believe I have 5 out of the 6 (which is a weird number. There doesn't appear to be an Earth polish, or a Uranus polish. And definitely no Pluto!).



I'm going to do these in, erm, planetary order, so first is Mercury! Mercury is a deep burgundy base, with an orange to pink duochrome glitter running through it. This is 2 coats.




You can see a little bit of the colour shift, especially in the last picture. I like it a lot, it's very pretty and I don't really have another polish like it!

Apart from Mars! Mars had the same duochrome colours, but in a shimmer rather than a glitter. Again, 2 coats.



Mars is a little lighter than Mercury, and the colour shift is much more noticeable. I kind of prefer the glitter look to the shimmer though.

Next we have Jupiter, a deep dark base with a blue to purple duochrome glitter, like Mercury. 2 coats.



I was initially a little bit 'meh' about this polish, because in the bottle it was very underwhelming. A blue black base with the tiniest hint of glitter visible. Fortunately on the nail the glitter is much more visible! It shifts from a petrol blue to a pinky purple. Very pretty, and quite unusual, for me at least!

I don't own many duochromes, and the ones I remember from my youth were all pink to green, so I'm quite impressed with these! I also like having the duochrome in a glitter rather than a shimmer. These were all £1.95 each, from Nail Polish Direct.

You can also see Neptune HERE, and you can see a bit of Saturn (the top colour) HERE. I don;t have Venus (not yet anyway!)

1 comment:

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.