Sunday 10 March 2013

Sun-Tried-Day: Black Cat Lacquer Ice Truck Killer

Greetings All! This post gets a little picture heavy!

I can't believe I almost forgot about this! Technically it was an untried, I waited nearly 24 hours before swatching it!

Ice Truck Killer was the one polish I made sure I put in my basket. I guess I am a fan of the show, I mean I watch it, even though I find it (mostly Dexter) incredibly pretentious, but that's a rant for another blog. Let's focus on the nails!

Black Cat Lacquer has 3 polishes in the Darkly Dreaming Collection, all inspired by serial killers from the show Dexter. This was the one that really grabbed me, and if you watch the show you'll know that there was a whole storyline around a woman's painted nails (I'm not going to go into details here. It would take too long, and I haven't watched the first series in ages so I'm probably not the best person to ask!), that inspired this polish! Sabrina can explain better than me: "Part of our Darkly Dreaming collection, Ice Truck Killer is inspired by the colors of the dismembered hand of Dexter's & Brian's mother. Ice Truck Killer is a combination of red, orange, purple, green & gold glitter in all shapes and sizes." Mostly hex-shaped, with a few small shards thrown in.

(Also, serial killer nail polish? Sign me up!)




































I've decided to just have one picture per base colour, to hopefully make me look less like a crazy person! I'll also be working from darkest to lightest, because why not?


First is W7 Black. 1 coat.


Disappointing. I thought it would pop over black, most glitters do! Not this one though. The purple has all but disappeared, and the green is fairly muted. And I thought black went with everything!



OPI Give Me Moor. 2 coats.

Much better! It might be the second coat. Either way all the colours are visible lol The gold and orange really pop over this colour. Plus it's an untried.



Seventeen Baby Blue. 1 coat.


Oh Baby Blue, you make everything look good! It's a weird combination I know, but I like it!



OPI If You Moust, You Moust (terrible name!) 1 coat.


Terrible name, but a pretty polish! I seem to own several sugary, barbie pink shades. Weird. This looks good though. For such a bright pink, it actually gives quite a neutral background to the glitter. And another untried!


Finally, Sally Hansen Crinoline. 1 coat. Matted.


OK, so Ice Truck Killer goes best over lighter shades, and also looks amazing matte! I much prefer it this way. I'm also keen to try a jelly sandwich with Samoan Sand to see how that looks.


When shopping for these, this was my favourite (by like, miles). Now that I have tried them all, I'm having a hard time ranking them! They all have their own bits of awesomeness. I guess it shows that you can't go wrong with any Black Cat Lacquer (or at least not these four!). I'll definitely be buying more. You can buy them HERE on Etsy. Sabrina is lovely, and seems to have a huge passion for her art. She should be very proud!







All polishes were purchased by me and all opinions are my own!

1 comment:

  1. That's a brilliant glitter - there's so much going on in there it works great with every base! I think my personal preference is for your last one, but tbh I'd wear every one of those!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.