Saturday 2 March 2013

China Glaze Winter Holly

Greetings All!

Just a quick swatch post. I noticed this polish on my shelf the other day, a lovely green glitter. I suppose if I don't post this soon, it will have to wait until next winter!





Winter Holly is a deep, gorgeous mix of dark green glitter, with lighter green, gold, and a silvery lilac running through it. I found this polish interesting, because although it is a sparkly glitter, it's also deep and dark and vampy! 2 coats gave me near enough full opacity, but it did dry quite matte and rough. In these pictures I'm wearing top coat. It made a huge difference. While the matte look was quite pretty and made the glitter a little lighter and suedier, top coat made it really light up and come to life. You would need 2 coats to cover up all the texture though, if you wanted to.

Mmm, this is pretty. I hope the name doesn't put me off wearing this all year round! I'm a big fan of China Glaze glitters. They do seem more exciting than a lot of other mainstream brand glitters, colour and formula wise. I'm still undecided on their regular polishes (although I do now have a couple to test!) but I do have a small collection of their glitters building up, and I am always impressed by them! They give good coverage, the colours are excellent, they have the slightly more unusual glitters (like dark green!) and they often throw a bit of holo glitter in too! Plus they are mostly full coverage glitters (my favourite kind!)

What do you think about China Glaze?

2 comments:

  1. I love China Glaze and I love this polish... think I need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely - I'm a great fan of China Glaze glitters too.

    I don't think there's a problem wearing a colour like this all year round - I certainly do. Just don't look at the names!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.