Friday 8 March 2013

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints 2013

Greetings All!

I thought that as I used Satsuma earlier on, I would show you a few more of the Barry M Gellys, because they are awesome. This collection was released last month and I'm sure you've seen the pictures and reviews already! I got these a couple of weeks ago but I only got round to swatching all of them last week! A bit of housekeeping - they all had great formula, they needed 2 or 3 coats but settled well, and like the previous Gellys they are ridiculously shiny! No topcoat in any of these pictures. And in case you are wondering, Gelly is different to Jelly. They aren't translucent like jellies, although some of the shades do have that 'squidgy' look to them,



First up is Lychee, the one I made sure to buy! Lychee is a lovely nude colour, nowhere near mannequin hands unfortunately, but I do love a good nude polish, and this is a good nude polish!






Lychee is creamy and shiny, and not too pale for my skin. It would also be a fantastic base for nail art as it's so neutral.

Next up is Dragonfruit, a sweet barbie pink with a very subtle shimmer (so far the only Gelly to have shimmer, because why not lol). It's barely visible on the nail though. Initially I was a little disappointed with Dragonfruit, because it seemed a little dull. I was expecting something 'poppier'.  I do like a blue based pink though, and this one has grown on me.




This is one that has that squishy Jelly look to it, but it's opaque in 2 coats. It's very pretty though, not dull but soft and gentle and understated. A pink that doesn't shout "look at me!". I bet it still pops in the sun though.

Last up is Greenberry. (There is one more in the collection, Papaya, that I didn't buy. I had a strong feeling that it wouldn't go with my skintone. I may eventually get it, just to see if I'm right lol.) Greenberry is a cool spearmint green that in some lights leans towards a baby blue. It's perfect for spring, cool and clean and fresh and very easy to wear.




So there you go! My favourite is Lychee, but they are all lovely and perfect shades for spring! Now we just need it to arrive lol.

Barry M is available at Boots and Superdrug, and all over the internet!


All polishes were purchased by me and all opinions are my own!

1 comment:

  1. What sweet colours! I've got Lychee sitting on my desk waiting to be worn!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.